Charlbury Community Centre aims to provide facilities and activities for young people, from babies right through to young adults. Thomas Gifford Room is our “Youth Room” and has been kitted out with things we hope will make it a hub for young people. There are bean bags, a large screen and black-out blinds, free WiFi, charging stations and ipads available to borrow. There is a table tennis and pool table. And there may be times set aside when it is quiet for people who want to get on with their homework. And of course there is the café for refreshments. The back door leads straight out onto Nineacres recreation ground with its sports fields and children’s play area.
After School Activity Clubs
- Available for young people aged 8 and above
- Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, 4-5pm, term time only
- Sports activities in the main sports hall
- Arrive at 3.45pm for prompt 4pm start, bring suitable, clean footwear to change into
- Lockers available but not the changing rooms
- Cost only £3 per session on a drop in basis.
Secondary School Activity Club
- For young people of secondary school age (11-18)
- Thursday afternoons, 5-6pm, term time only
- Choose your activity amongst yourselves, we will set it up and leave you to play
- Bring suitable, clean, indoor footwear to change into
- Cost only £1 per session on a drop in basis.
- Open sessions for young people of secondary school age – Fridays 7-9pm. Only £1 per session
Young people can use the Sports Hall (for the first hour) and the Thomas Gifford Room to meet up with others and chill out in their own space. There is a table tennis table, pool table, board games and a large screen TV to show movies and sport. We welcome ideas about what else young people would like to have available for their sessions. For further information, or to volunteer to help with these sessions please contact Margie: firstname.lastname@example.org