Transform chocolate rice crispie cakes with a few mini eggs, to create chocolate Easter nests, perfect for Easter day. It’s also a really easy recipe for little ones to get involved with too.
(Makes 12 Easter nests)
- 225g milk or plain cooking chocolate
- 50g butter
- 2 tbsp. golden syrup
- 70g cornflakes
- Mini eggs (2-3 per nest)
- Paper cupcake cases
How to make the chocolate Easter nests:
- Melt the chocolate, butter and syrup together. The easiest way is in the microwave, but if you don’t have one you can place the ingredients in a bowl over a simmering pan of water.
- Mix in the cornflakes until they are fully covered by the chocolate mix.
- Lay out the paper cases and add in some cornflake mix to each one to make the nest.
- Add a few eggs to the top of the nest.
Allow the chocolate Easter nests to cool for a few minutes in the fridge to set them and then they are ready to be demolished.