My son made a chocolate s’mores microwave mug cake last night on a cubs zoom meeting. All the cubs gave it a big thumbs up so I thought I’d share how to make your own. Beware, they are loaded with sugar so perhaps not best done just before bedtime!
- 3 tbsp SR flour
- 3 tbsp brown sugar (we used soft brown sugar)
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large cookie crumbled up (about 2 tbsp worth of crumbs)
- 3 marshmallows (the big ones, not the little ones you put on hot chocolate)
How to Make a Chocolate S’Mores Microwave Mug Cake
- Measure out and put the flour, sugar, sat and cocoa powder into a microwave safe mug.
- Next add the oil and water.
- Give everything a good mix, scraping around the sides and reaching the flour at the bottom. It will be quite a thick paste in consistency.
- Add in the water and vanilla extract and give it another good mix.
- Place the mug in a microwave and zap it on full power for around 60 seconds. Microwaves vary in their strength so you want to try it for slightly less time first and give it a check. It will be quite squidgy at this point and not a cake yet.
- Sprinkle on your biscuit crumbs and add the marshmallows on top.
- Place back in the microwave for 20 seconds on full power.
Careful, the mug and cake will be very hot so best to have an adult on hand to take it out of the microwave with oven gloves. Leave to cool for a moment and then dig in with a spoon.
If you’re looking for a mug cake that you can remove from the mug and cut up, check out my simple chocolate microwave mug cake recipe.