French toast is also commonly known as eggy bread. In my house it’s the only way to get my youngest to eat any egg and we can never call it eggy bread! It’s a great Sunday brunch recipe and can be jazzed up with some fresh fruit, bacon and a little indulgent maple syrup. Best of all, it’s quick and easy to make but still feels like a treat.
- 1 egg per person
- Thick fresh bread
- A dash of milk
- Sprinkle of sugar (optional)
- Knob of butter
How to make it:
- Beat the eggs and add in a dash of milk and a little sugar if you like.
- Heat a frying pan with a knob of butter.
- Dip each slice of bread in the beaten egg mixture, fully covering both sides.
- Let any excess egg drip off and then fry gently in the pan. Turn to cook both sides.
- Serve up with a drizzle of maple syrup and fresh seasonal fruits.