Mars Bar Crispy Cake is a great no cook fridge cake that’s perfect to whip up for a school bake sale. Young kids love to get involved as it involves mixing, pouring and drizzling without too many steps.
I made these with my kids for an event at their school. They were a great success and my eldest even wanted to buy them back.
You Will Need:
- 60g of Mars Bars (about 3-4)
- 2 tbsp. golden syrup
- 75g unsalted butter
- 100g Rice Krispie cereal (supermarket own brand is usually the cheapest)
- 125g milk chocolate
- 50g white chocolate (we found some white chocolate with crispy bits in it at the Co-op for some extra crunch)
How to make Mars Bar Crispy Cake:
- Line a 20cm baking tin with cling film which will make it really easy to remove the crispy cake when it’s set.
- Cut up the Mars Bars and butter into chunks.
- Melt the Mars Bars, butter and golden syrup together in a microwave or over a pan of simmering water. It can look quite lumpy until everything has fully melted.
- Once melted and smooth, mix in the rice crispies until fully coated.
- Pour into the baking tin and then pop in the fridge until set.
- Melt the milk chocolate and then pour over the set crispy mix.
- Leave to set for a moment and then drizzle over melted white chocolate.
- Pop back into the fridge until all set and then you can remove and slice into 16 generous pieces.