Having a car themed birthday party and looking for car party food ideas? These little chocolate Mars Bar race cars are a perfect treat or you could pop into a car themed birthday party bag. They are super easy to make and a lot of fun to eat!
Photo Credits to Krista Jewitt
What You Need
- 10 small mini chocolate bars (we used Mars Bars but you could use whatever type you like)
- 1 small spoon
- 10 small teddy bear biscuits
- Icing (you can use pre-made shop bought icing or even just a little melted chocolate)
- 40 M&M’s, Smarties or similar (8 of each colour)
How to Make Mars Bar Race Cars
Here’s how to make 10 Mars Bar Race Cars for a car themed kids birthday party. It’s easy to change the quantities if you need to make or less.
- Unwrap a chocolate bar and set down on the table.
- Using the end of a small spoon, poke a slit into the top of the chocolate bar near one of the ends, stopping at about 4mm into the chocolate bar (the chocolate will crack, just try your best to minimise this).
- Stick a teddy bicsuit into the slit and try to smooth the chocolate up against it so that it stays upright.
- Use the icing to glue the M&M or Smartie tires onto the sides of the chocolate bar.
I found that keeping the tire colours uniform on each car looked the best. You could also present them lined up arranged by colour, this is very effective. If you’re throwing a car themed birthday party, add to the fun with the how to make a cardboard box car tutorial.