Are you looking for where the best lambing days are are in 2024 in Oxfordshire, Berkshire and nearby counties?
Spring is such a lovely time of the year, with the long winter nights going, new buds on the trees and best of all, the lambing season. It’s a great experience for kids to visit a farm and delight at meeting these adorable lambs. There are lots of places around Oxfordshire and Berkshire to meet newborn lambs and at some places you can even bottle feed them.
Here are a selection of the best lambing days around Oxfordshire and Berkshire and we’ll keep adding more. Some of the farms have lambing everyday and others are just special weekend events. Many places also have other activities going on so you can make it a full fun family day out with the kids.
Roves Farm is one of my favourite places to take my kids to see the lambs. The lambing season got underway again this year in January and again in April. It’s one of my favourite times of year! The picture at the top was from one of our previous visits.
Spend some time on the viewing walkway looking out over the lambing shed as the day’s action unfolds. You may be lucky enough to see a lamb or three being born! The January lambing at Rove’s Farm is the Poll Dorset’s, when visitors can go in with the ewes and lambs which is extra special.
Best Lambing Days in Oxfordshire & Berkshire 2024
January lambing takes place 9th to 13th Jan, then again for the spring lambing season from 6th to 23rd April. There will be bottle feeding when the lambs are ready. There’s also all the usual fun on the farm with indoor play and outdoor activities for a full fun family day out.
Hogshaw Farm (Hogshaw, within easy reach of Bicester & Thame)
There’s always lambs to meet in from January onwards through to spring at Hogshaw Farm & Wildlife park and a really great fun day out with kids.
- Millers Ark Animals – the first family lambing weekend takes place in Feb well as separate adult only lambing days. (Hook near Basingstoke) 3rd – 4th Feb
- Farmer Gows – open for lamb cuddles from Fri to Sun throughout March 2024. (Longcot near Faringdon)
- Warriner School Farm – fundraising lambing event open afternoon dates 9th – 10th March
- Odds Farm Park – 10th – 18th Feb
- Live Lambing at Cotswold Farm Park – with over 800 lambs due, the Cotswold Farm Park lambing event is one of the largest in the country. 9th Feb – 14th April
- Daylesford Farm – hop on a tractor and enjoy a lambing 13th April
- Earth Trust – the lambing event will be part of a Spring Festival this year at the Earth Trust May on weekends of 4th, 5th, 11th & 12th March
2024 details to be confirmed below this line
- The Old Farm Shop – the lambing weekends tbc (Milton Hill, nr Abingdon)
- Broughton Grounds Farm Lambing Afternoons dates tbc usually early April (Banbury)
- Bishops Court Farm is free to visit and has wonderful walks. Lambing open days tbc (Dorchester on Thames)
- Hadsham Farm (near Banbury) – See the lambs being born (hopefully!), cuddle a pet lamb, hold a chick, see the piglets, sensory walk and outdoor play area. Plus group feeding of the pet lambs at the end of your session.dates tbc
- Buckleberry Farm – lambing season returns to Bucklebury Farm dates tbc
- Foxglove Farm – head on down to Foxglove Farm for their lambing weekend. There will be hot food and tractor farm tours too. (Inkpen near Hungerford) dates tbc usually April
- High Lodge Farm – not a traditional lambing event but they have a great Easter trail running this year which last year finished next to a huge field of ewes and their lambs.
- Sandy Lane Farm – tbc
We’d love to see your pictures and recommendations for best lambing days. Come and visit our facebook page and share with everyone.