Here’s how to make a crocodile costume from a cardboard box and egg carton. It’s ideal for an animal dress up party, an easy new sew World Book Day costume or just to play with at home.
- Large wedge shape supermarket cardboard packaging tray (mine held plastic cups) or a rectangular cardboard box.
- Egg carton
- Two jumbo popsicle sticks, preferably green
- Green paint
- Black paint
- White paint
- Sticky tape
- Strong glue
- Large sheet of white paper or card.
How to Make a Cardboard Crocodile Costume
- Look out for a wedge shape cardboard box, used in stores for displaying goods on the shelf. Alternatively you could try cutting down a rectangular cardboard box to the shape below.
- Paint the box green.
- Cut out two cups from an egg carton and paint green on the outside, white on the top with a black spot on top to make crocodile eyes.
- Cut out two strips of zig zag crocodile teeth from a large sheet of white paper or card.
- Stick on the crocodile eyes and crocodile teeth to each side of the box with strong glue.
- Stick a jumbo popsicle stick onto each side of the box to make a ‘handle’ to hold on to when wearing the crocodile head.
- Cut a rectangle out of the front lip of the box if needed to allow the children to see out better when wearing the crocodile head.
- The crocodile head is now ready to wear. Wear with a green t-shirt or green dress to complete the costume.