We had great fun making our own Christmas crackers this year. These ones don’t bang but we had fun picking our own jokes and treats to put inside. Why not choose one lovely item to go in rather than lots of plastic toys which aren’t great for the environment and end up in the bin.
You will need:
- Toilet roll tubes
- A4 coloured tissue paper sheets
- Sweets/ small toys to go inside the cracker
- Paper to write jokes/fortunes on
- Curly wrapping ribbon
How to make your own Christmas crackers:
- Write a joke out on a piece of paper. We also put in a fortune cookie style message.
- Put the joke, toy and sweet into the toilet roll tube.
- Cute zig zags out on both short ends of the A4 tissue paper sheet.
- Roll the filled toilet roll tube in the tissue paper with the zig zags at each end.
- Tie each end next to the tube with some curly wrapping ribbon.
- You could also decorate the outside with some sticky stars or other decorations.