Ahoy there me hearties! Here’s how to make a pirate treasure chest from an egg carton. It’s the perfect size for hiding chocolate coins, rings and other treasures. Have fun with this easy pirate themed egg carton craft for kids.
You will need:
- Egg carton
- Brown paint (we mixed red, green, blue and yellow paint to make brown)
- Gold paint or gold marker pen
- Black pen for extra detail
How to make it:
- Remove any paper labels from the egg carton then paint with brown paint inside and out. We had fun mixing colours (red, green, blue and yellow) to make our brown paint.
- When dry, paint two gold bands over the top of the box and also paint the button on the egg carton gold.
- Add any fine detail with black pen (e.g. lock detail or bolts) to the treasure chest.
- Fill your pirate treasure chest with chocolate coins or other treasures.
Here a pirate joke…
Question: What’s a pirate’s favourite letter?
Answer: No it’s actually the C