Bright pink flamingos make a striking decoration. Here’s how to create your own flamingo print bag at home using simple materials. I bought blank canvas bags for less than £1 via Ebay so they made great low cost homemade gifts. You could use the same technique to create any pattern or design and could re-use your stamp to decorate other fabric or paper items such as tea towels, T-Shirts or greeting cards.
You will need:
- A4 Craft foam sheet
- Solid block (e.g. piece of wood or plywood from Cut My Plastic) or very thick cardboard
- Fabric paint
- Blank canvas or cotton bag
How to make it:
- Draw a flamingo shape using a biro on the piece of craft foam.
- Cut out the flamingo.
- Glue the flamingo onto a solid block of wood to create the stamp.
- Put some fabric paint onto a paper plate and use a roller to apply a layer of fabric paint to the flamingo.
- Press the stamp gently onto the fabric bag and lift up to reveal your flamingo print. It’s a good idea to do some practice stamps first onto paper to adjust how much fabric paint and pressure gives the best result.
- Repeat the flamingo stamping to great a cool geometric pattern.