This is a simple papercraft to make a hot air balloon. You could make lots and have them hanging up right across a room as a fun alternative to bunting. Older children can spend lots of time decorating them and younger children can paint or scribble which makes it a fun activity to do together with kids of different ages.
- Felt Tip pens
- Thread or String
How to Make a Paper Hot Air Balloon
- You’ll need 4 pieces of paper.
- Fold them in half and draw half a circle finishing with half a square.
- Cut out the shape.
- Use this as your template and repeat on 3 more pieces of paper.
- Open them out and you will have 4 hot air balloon pieces.
- Decorate in anyway you like.
- Glue one half of a balloon to another on the undecorated sides.
- Repeat for all pieces and slip a piece of thread or string in the top with the last piece.
- You can now hang up your paper hot air balloon.